ANSONIA NATURE AND RECREATION CENTER RULES AND REGULATIONS
I PARK PROPERTY
- A. Children are the sole responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times.
- B. No unauthorized person shall dump anything on park property, mark, deface, disfigure, injure, tamper with, or displace or move any bridges, tables, benches, fireplaces, railings, signs, stairs, posts, boundary markers, fences, or other structures or equipment, facilities or park property either real or personal.
- C. No person shall deposit or dig or remove any sand, soil, rock, stones, trees, shrubs or plants, down timber or any other wood or materials, or make any excavation by hand, tool or equipment or other means, unless approved by the Director.
- D. No person shall damage, cut, carve, transplant or remove any trees or plants or injure the bark, pick the flowers, seeds or fruit of any plant or trees, and no person shall dig in or otherwise injure or impair the natural beauty or usefulness of the area. The Director may issue special permission to groups, both public and private, for the collection of natural material, to carry out projects of an educational, conservation or recreational nature.
- E. No person shall wash, clean, paint or make repairs to any motor vehicle while in the park or contaminate a wetland, the ground water, streams or ponds with any materials.
- F. No person shall hunt, trap or disturb any wildlife or use, carry or possess any firearms, air rifles, spring guns, paint ball guns, bows, arrows, slings or any kind of trapping device or other weaponry or explosives potentially dangerous to wildlife or human safety.
- G. No person shall use any remote control device on park property. i.e.: watercraft, aircraft, etc…
- H. No person shall erect or post any notice or signs upon the property except when notices or signs are authorized by the Director.
- I. No golfing is allowed anywhere on park property.
- J. Dogs and other pets and domestic animals shall be restrained at all time while anywhere on park property.
- K. No person shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages or illegal substances on park property.
- L. No boating, swimming or wading is permitted in park ponds or streams except as authorized by the Director.
- M. No motorized vehicles are allowed anywhere on park property except in designated parking areas or as authorized by the Director.
- N. All vendor’s vehicles must park in area designated by the Director or the park staff, and must contain a trash receptacle accessible to their customers while anywhere on park property. Vendors must police the area surrounding their vehicle up to 100’ (one hundred foot radius) before leaving the site. All vendors shall possess and display Ansonia Board of Alderman agreement and any other permits required through the health department and the police department.
- O. No mobile inflatables such as “moonwalks” are allowed in the park.
- P. The Ansonia Police Department has the authority to enforce all rules and regulations of the park.
- A. No person shall hunt, molest, harm, frighten, kill, trap, chase, tease, shoot or throw missiles at any animal, reptile, bird, mammal, amphibian or shall remove, collect or have in their possession the young or adult of any wild animal or the eggs or nest of any animal except as authorized by the Director.
- B. Catch and release fishing shall be permitted only in those waters designated by the Director. The use of nets or sieves is expressly prohibited except by permission of the Director.
- A. No person shall picnic or lunch in an area other than those designated for that purpose or fail to obey the directions of the Director or park staff when issued, to prevent congestion and secure maximum use of such areas.
- B. No person shall leave a picnic area before any fire is completely and properly extinguished
- C. Dogs, pets and other domestic animals shall be held on a leash at all times. Horses are not allowed in the picnic areas, nature trails, fields or woodlands unless authorized by the Director.
- D. No glass bottles allowed. Garbage and other refuse shall be deposited in containers provided
- E. Playing baseball, soccer, or other similar athletic games is prohibited except on designated fields.
- A. All dogs, pets and other domestic animals shall be restrained while anywhere on park property, and owners shall promptly clean up after their pets.
- A. No person shall camp or erect a tent in areas other than those designated for camping unless a special permit has been issued by the Director of the Ansonia Nature and Recreation Center
- B. Camping is limited to such places and times as designated by the park Director.
- C. No camping permit shall be issued to any person under 18 years of age to camp on park property without the written consent of his or her parent or guardian and youth organization director.
- D. Disorderly conduct, intoxication, and obscene or indecent behavior are prohibited and cause for expulsion from park property.
- E. All equipment and refuse shall be removed from the camp ground and park at the expiration of the camping permit.
- F. The park personnel or the City of Ansonia shall not be responsible for loss or theft of any article or equipment.
- A. No person shall consume or possess alcoholic beverages on park property.
- B. No person shall use or possess drugs or illegal substances of any kind while on park property.
- C. No person shall build or attempt to build a fire except in fireplaces in picnic areas or at such other areas as designated by the Director.
- D. No person shall use loud, boisterous, threatening, abusive, insulting or indecent language, or engage in any disorderly or lascivious conduct or breach of peace while on park property.
- E. The staff and Director of the Ansonia Nature Center and/or the Ansonia Recreation Director or any member of the Ansonia Recreation Commission reserves the right to interrupt, cancel or prohibit any activity deemed improper.
- A. The park is open to the public from dawn to dusk every day.
- B. Use of the park after dark is prohibited except by special permission of the Director of the Ansonia Nature Center and the Recreation Commission.
VIII NATURE TRAILS
- A. Bicycles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and other motorized vehicles are prohibited from all park trails except by special permission of the Director of the Ansonia Nature Center or emergency or maintenance personnel.
- B. Horses are not allowed on the trails.
- C. All pets must be held on a leash at all times.
IX ATHLETIC FIELDS
- A. Use of the athletic fields is permitted only with permission of the Ansonia Recreation Commission in conjunction with the Director of the Ansonia Nature Center.
X PICNIC AREA & PAVILION RESERVATIONS
(Reservation applications for the use of the picnic pavilions may be obtained from the park staff office.)
- A. Children; Parents and/or guardians, shall be solely responsible at all time for those in their care. B. Fees: The rental fee for non-residents is $125.00 and a clean up deposit of $200.00 is due and payable upon reservation approval. It is the responsibility of the applicant to retrieve the deposit fee.
- B. Insurance: Groups must certify that a personal and property liability insurance policy of not less than $500,000 will be in effect on the day of the event unless waived by the mayor. This policy is to be delivered to the Ansonia Nature Center Director at least one week prior to the event.
- C. Recycling: Containers are provided for all recyclable material (paper, metal, glass, plastics) and is encouraged by the City of Ansonia
- D. Signs: Any posted directional signs advertising the event are to be removed at the conclusion of the event.
- E. Police: The Ansonia Police Department has the final authority to enforce all rule and regulations of the park
- F. Damages: Replacement costs for all damaged park property will be paid by the applicant.
- G. Event Chairman: It is the responsibility of the event chairman to be sure all facilities and park areas are left in a clean condition and tables and benches returned to place.
- H. Parking: One vehicle (registered to the applicant) is allowed to park at the pavilion; all others must be left in the main parking lot. A vendor or caterer’s vehicle shall be allowed access to the picnic pavilion provided written notice is submitted within 24 hours and the applicant has received prior approval from the park director or their designee.
- I. Fields: The use of the ball fields must be approved by the Ansonia Nature Center Director in conjunction with the Ansonia Recreation Director or the Ansonia Recreation Commission.
- J. No mobile inflatable such as “moonwalks” are allowed in the park. Revised Sept. 2012