Wildlife What-To-Do

The Ansonia Nature & Recreation Center does NOT accept injured wildlife.

Be Cautious!  

Wild animals can be dangerous and unpredictable! Never touch any wild animal if it can be avoided. Do not attempt to rescue a potentially dangerous animal without assistance from someone with experience.

Call us for advice at 203 736-1053 or  your local Animal Control Officer, Police Department or DEEP Dispatch (860-424-3333) for assistance.

State of CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection website for Dealing with Distressed Wildlife.

C.W.R.A – The Connecticut Wildlife Rehabilitation Association, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed by rehabilitators with the goal of improving the care of distressed wildlife in Connecticut.

How to become a Wildlife Rehabilitator in Connecticut

Find a Wildlife Rehabilitator

List of  CT Wildlife Rehabilitators
Small Birds
Hawks and Owls
Ducks and Geese
Small Mammals
Bears, Bobcats, and Coyotes
Reptiles and Amphibians

Nuisance Wildlife

We receive many phone calls each year for assistance from residents who have problems with nuisance wildlife.  These conflicts include crop and property damage, threats to human safety and wildlife living in areas where they are unwanted.

Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators (NWCOs), are individuals licensed by the DEEP, who can advertise services and charge fees for the purpose of handling nuisance wildlife problems. Their activities are governed by regulations, policies and procedures established by the DEEP.

List of licensed NWCOs